A new outpatient Palliative Care Clinic will strengthen our current Palliative Care Program, helping patients with complex pain, symptoms and life-limiting illness by supporting them in their own homes.
One clinic will launch on May 22 at Etobicoke General, with another one to be launched at Brampton Civic in July.
The EGH clinic will operate on Thursdays from 12:30 – 3:30 pm on the 6th floor Ambulatory Care OPD and will support a better quality of life for patients by:
- encouraging self-management and educating patients and families about where they can get care
- helping them manage their pain and symptoms
- providing support to care givers
- addressing patients’ needs at the various stages of their disease; and
- helping interested patients transition away from curative care approaches towards the end of life.
This new program supports our strategy to shift investments to outpatient care to best meet the needs of the communities we serve while optimizing our resources.
The clinic will be accepting referrals from community doctors so that Osler is able to offer these services to those who can benefit most from them.