We’re finally here! On Sunday, June 23, 2019, we opened the doors of Etobicoke General’s west wing, which adds 250,000 square feet to the facility. Learn more about the west wing:
Visiting Etobicoke General? Here’s what you need to know
- The new ED entrance is clearly marked and has a patient drop-off area right outside. See the site map for parking and patient drop-off details.
- To access the new birthing unit, please enter through the new main entrance off Humber College Blvd.
- See our pamphlet for everything you need to know about having your baby in the new unit
- View a video tour of the unit
New main entrance
- The new main entrance to the hospital is open and the ‘old’ main entrance is closed.
This site map will help you find your way. You can also view a floor-by-floor list of the services and programs.
- The new café in the atrium of the west wing is open.
- The Tim Hortons on the main floor remains open. Enter through the new main entrance.
- The new gift shop is open the atrium of the west wing.
More information about amenities.
Services and programs inside the west wing
- An Emergency Department almost double the size of the existing space;
- A Critical Care Unit four times larger than its current space;
- A combined Cardiac, Respiratory and Neurodiagnostic Outpatient Unit for patients with heart, breathing, and neurological complications;
- A Maternal Newborn Unit with 10 private birthing suites, two operating rooms, and a 10-bassinette Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for newborns who need extra care;
- An Ambulatory (day) Procedures Unit offering advanced procedures that allow patients same-day discharge and recovery at home;
- More comfortable, modern patient rooms with lots of natural light.