We are on our way to transforming Etobicoke General to help expand access to the services needed most by this community.
Etobicoke General is on track to open its new, state-of-the art wing in late 2018, which will provide the best in diagnostics, treatment and technology to serve the community’s most urgent health care needs. The new four-storey wing will support the delivery of world class emergency care and help us establish centres of excellence in high-priority areas.
Once the new four-storey wing is complete, the community will have access to:
- A larger, state-of-the-art emergency department
- Critical Care and Intensive Care Units that are nearly four times larger than the current space
- A Maternal newborn unit with birthing suites and a specialized nursery
- A new ambulatory procedures unit
- Cardiorespiratory and neurodiagnostic services