Building Entry/Exit procedures
At BCH Family members/partners in care can enter:
- Between 5 a.m. and 10 p.m. through main hospital entrances
- Between 10 and 11 p.m. through the main hospital and Emergency Department (ED) entrances only
- After 11 p.m. through the ED Entrance only.
- After 11:30 p.m. further access will be granted via security officers by buzzing the intercom through the Tim Horton’s adjacent to the ED. Security officers will screen for suspicious activity.
At EGH Family members/partners in care can enter:
- Between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m. through main hospital entrances
- Between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. through the Emergency Department entrance only.
- Please help avoid the spread of infection to patients. Wash your hands before and after every patient contact, before and after eating, and after using the washroom. Washrooms and hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the hospital.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Limit the number of visitors at the bedside and be aware of the noise level.
- Coordinate your visit with other family members and friends to ensure patients are not overwhelmed with too many visitors.
- Do not sleep in a patient’s room or a waiting area without collaborating with the nursing staff.
- Identify a point person. Respect a patient’s right to privacy. Staff can only provide condition updates to a designated family member.
The following are not allowed at Osler facilities
- Taking pictures without the consent of the person you are photographing (this includes cell phone images)
- Wearing clothing with obscene language
- Drinking alcoholic beverages
- Disruptive, offensive or violent behaviour; including the use of foul language
- Smoking anywhere on hospital property
- Possession and use of street drugs and/or weapons.
- Latex balloons are not permitted in the hospital as some people have severe allergies to latex.
Visitors who do not comply will be asked to leave the hospital.