October 8, 2020, BRAMPTON/ETOBICOKE – William Osler Health System (Osler) is now offering phone and online appointment bookings for anyone who wants to receive a COVID-19 test at its COVID-19 Testing Centres in Brampton and Etobicoke. Starting today, Thursday, October 8 at 8:00 a.m., people will be able to book appointments online through the hospital’s website and by phone through a dedicated line.
Osler began COVID-19 testing by appointment earlier this week, after the Ontario Government directed all Testing Centres to adopt this new model and discontinue unscheduled testing. Osler established an in-person booking process on an interim basis while the hospital worked on developing alternative options.
“Osler’s teams acted quickly to implement an interim appointment solution so that we could continue to meet the community’s COVID-19 testing needs while we developed more convenient booking options,” said Kiki Ferrari, Chief Operations Officer, William Osler Health System. “We are pleased to now provide both phone and online booking for those who require COVID-19 testing and we are very grateful to the community for their patience and understanding as we transitioned to this new approach.”
Those who are eligible for COVID-19 testing are able to schedule an appointment for a test at Osler’s Brampton and Etobicoke Testing Centres during their hours of operation – 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. daily – based on availability. Osler’s COVID-19, Cold and Flu Clinic at Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness will continue to provide care to patients who are eligible for testing and those who have symptoms and want to see a physician. The Clinic is open from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily, and no appointment is required.
What do I need to know about booking an appointment for a COVID-19 test?
- People who meet the criteria for COVID-19 testing can now choose to schedule a test at one of Osler’s COVID-19 Testing Centres online or by phone.
- Online: Visit our online booking system webpage
- Phone: (905) 487-1249, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., seven days a week (daily in-person booking has been discontinued)
- To book an appointment for a COVID-19 test at an Osler Testing Centre, you will be asked to provide your name, date of birth, as well as your phone number and/or email address, if applicable. You will receive email or text message confirmation.
- Please be ready to show your appointment confirmation when you arrive for your appointment. If you do not have a mobile phone or email, you will be asked to provide your name.
- People wishing to book a COVID-19 test for more than one member of the family will be able to do so by phone or online, as long as all individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 test as per the Ontario Government’s new testing rules.
- If the maximum number of appointments that can be booked is reached, please try again the following day to book an appointment.
- Note that children under the age of two cannot be tested at a COVID-19 Testing Centre. If your child is over six months old they can be tested at Osler’s COVID-19, Cold and Flu Clinic at Peel Memorial. If your child is under the age of six months, they can be tested at an Osler Emergency Department.
- For more information visit our dedicated COVID-19 webpage.