How do I book a COVID-19 Test at Osler’s Testing Centres?
Osler offers you two options for booking your COVID-19 test.
- Online –
- Step 1: Click on “Book a COVID-19 Test” on the homepage and follow the instructions. If you are eligible to receive a COVID-19 test, you proceed to book your test.
- Step 2: Register for an account if this is your first time booking an online appointment at our Testing Centres. To register, you will be asked to provide your name, date of birth, as well as your phone number and email address. Please note, a valid email address is required for online booking. If you do not have one, you are welcome to book via phone. If you already have an account with us, simply enter in your email address and password.
- Step 3: Upon providing your personal information you will receive a verification email. Click on the link in that email to return to the booking site, and select the time that is most convenient for you. Please check your junk/spam folder to ensure you receive the verification email after your account is created.
- Step 4: Log-in and based on the availability, select the date and time that you prefer to come for your appointment.
- Phone – you can book an appointment by phone by calling 905-487-1249. The phone line will be staffed seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please note there is a maximum number of people that are able to remain in queue on the phone line. If the queue is full, please try calling back at a later time. Alternatively, you have the option of booking your appointment online.
When should I get my child tested?
Children are eligible for testing when they fulfill the following symptoms:
- Are recommended for testing by the local public health unit
- Are exhibiting new/worsening symptoms of:
- Fever and/or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Decrease or loss of smell or taste
- Exhibiting two or more of the following new/worsening symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Runny/Stuffy nose
- Fatigue, lethargy, muscle aches or malaise
How far in advance can someone book an appointment for a COVID-19 test?
Our goal is to book people for their tests within 48 hours, if possible. This will depend on the demand for testing, so the timing for obtaining an appointment may vary.
Will I receive confirmation of my appointment?
Yes - when you book your appointment by phone or online, you can choose to receive a text message and/or email confirming the date, time and location for your COVID-19 test. You will be asked to show the text message or email (if applicable) to the Security Officer when you arrive at the Testing Centre as confirmation of your appointment.
You are still able to schedule and arrive for your appointment if you do not have email or a mobile phone. Please provide your name to the Security Officer when you arrive for your appointment at the Testing Centre.
Please note that Oncology and Surgical patients are not being asked to self-book for a COVID-19 test at this time. Your bookings for a test will continue to be coordinated by Osler.
Can I choose one of Osler’s COVID-19 Testing Centre locations for my appointment or will one be assigned based on availability?
Whether you book your appointment by phone or online, you can choose which one of Osler’s COVID-19 Testing Centre locations you would prefer to attend.
People who meet the criteria for COVID-19 testing, or have cold, flu and possible COVID-19 symptoms and feel they need to be seen by a doctor, can visit Osler’s COVID-19, Cold and Flu Clinic. Patients as young as 6 months old can be assessed at the Clinic. No appointment is needed.
Do I need a valid Ontario Health Card to book an appointment for a COVID-19 test?
No. The Ministry of Health is currently waiving the three-month waiting period for OHIP coverage to ensure that anyone in need of health care can receive it. Currently, the province will also cover the cost of COVID-19 services for uninsured people who do not meet the criteria for OHIP coverage.
Can I book an appointment for everyone in my family to get tested at the same time?
People wishing to book a COVID-19 test for more than one member of the family will be able to do so by phone or online, as long as all individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 test as per the Ontario Government’s new testing rules. Upon scheduling the appointment for each eligible family member, each individual will be able to attend together at the provided appointment time, as indicated in their booking. You can book up to a maximum of five family members at one time.
How soon can someone get an appointment for a COVID-19 test?
If the maximum number of appointments that can be booked is reached, please try again the following day to book an appointment.
I am having trouble booking by phone and online. What should I do?
COVID-19 Testing Centres across the province are currently experiencing a high volume of demand for COVID-19 testing. Thank you for your patience and we encourage you to try again or consider one of the below options.
- If you receive an error message while trying to book online, please try again using either Chrome, Safari or Edge as your browser.
- If you meet the criteria for COVID-19 testing, please also consider visiting Osler’s COVID-19, Cold and Flu Clinic, as no appointment is needed. There you can receive a test, be assessed by a physician and receive next steps regarding you care.
What do I need to bring with me for my appointment?
Wear a mask or face covering, bring your text message or email appointment confirmation (if applicable), and if you have a valid Ontario Health Card, please bring it with you. Please note, that if you do not have a valid Ontario Health Card, you can still receive a COVID-19 test.
What happens when I arrive at the COVID-19 Testing Centre for my test?
Please only arrive about 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. When you arrive, you will be asked to present text or email confirmation of your appointment. If you do not have this confirmation, you can provide your full name to verify your appointment. You will be screened again before you are tested. If you do not meet the criteria for testing, you will not receive a test. After you receive your test, you will get information about self-isolation and how to access your results. If you are unable to attend your appointment, please log into your online account and cancel or cancel by calling 905-487-1249.
What happens if I am late for my appointment?
Please try to be on time for your appointment. If you are more than 30 minutes late we may not be able to accommodate your request and you may be asked to rebook your appointment.
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
If you booked your appointment by phone, you will need to cancel your appointment by phone. If you booked your appointment online, you will need to cancel your appointment online.
Is there somewhere else I can go to get tested if I don’t have any symptoms and I don’t meet the criteria for asymptomatic testing?
For other testing options, please visit the Ontario Government's website.
Where can I receive a test and care if I have symptoms and need to see a doctor?
Osler’s COVID-19, Cold and Flu Clinic at Peel Memorial is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. for people who meet the criteria for testing or have cold, flu and possible COVID-19 symptoms and who feel they need to be seen by a doctor. Here they can receive a medical assessment from a physician, a COVID-19 test and information about the next steps of care based on their symptoms. Patients as young as 6 months old can be assessed at the Clinic. No appointment is needed.
Only those experiencing severe COVID-19 symptoms will be tested in Osler’s Emergency Departments.