Other health care options

We can help you figure out where to get the care you need. Whether that means a visit with your family doctor, the walk-in clinic, the hospital, or if you are unsure, you can refer to this helpful guide to discover other health care options in the community.

Go to your family doctor or walk-in clinic if you have: 

  • Minor illnesses like coughs and colds or minor injuries like cuts or sprains 
  • Long-standing or chronic medical problems 
  • If you’re not sure, call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 

To find out more about the community’s health care options, please visit www.centralwesthealthline.ca

Go to the nearest Emergency Department if you have:

  • Pains or tightness in the chest, shortness of breath, severe abdominal pain
  • Broken bones or wounds that may need stitches
  • Sudden severe headaches, vision problems, weakness, numbness and/or tingling in the face, arm or leg, trouble speaking, or dizziness
  • A child who is vomiting, has diarrhea and won’t eat or drink
  • A baby under six months with a fever over 37.9°C or 100°F
  • Call 9-1-1 if you feel that your illness or injury is an emergency or potentially life threatening
    • Osler’s Emergency Departments at Brampton Civic or Etobicoke General are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Visit an Urgent Care Centre for illnesses or injuries such as:

  • Sprains, strains or broken bones
  • Skin rashes
  • Minor burns
  • Cuts that might need stitches
  • Earaches, eye injuries
  • Fevers, coughs and colds
  • Minor infections
  • Nose and throat complaints

Additional health care links